Friday 14 December 2012

Interviews are finished now

Well, the interviews are over and the interviewers will be (or have been) meeting together with our Director of Admissions to discuss the outcome. I think you would be amazed if you could see the time and trouble they take over making the final decisions. I can assure you that every part of every application is carefully and individually considered taking into account ALL the information available. So please don't think we take these decisions lightly. We are very aware that you have put everything you can into your application. Many of you say that since you were very young it has been your ambition to study at Cambridge.
This is now the ninth year for me as admissions secretary, first at another college and since 2005 here at Christ's. During that time, I have processed several thousand applications and, for the some, (about 1 in 5) there has been joy. Sadly the reality is that for 4 people in every 5 there's disappointment, and we do understand that it's hard to take.
However, some years nearly half as many people recieve offers through the pool as those who recieve the offer of a place at Christ's (see http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/ for more information). For information about decisions have a look at this website http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/ourdecision.html
Whatever the future holds for you, I must say I've enjoyed this journey with you and I'm grateful to have received many kind messages of thanks from you. May I wish you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Want to share some movies dedicated to this field. They are really nice:
    College movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are really a lot of christian colleges that changes lives of people specially the students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good job done! I like the useful information you have shared so keep sharing like this. I also want to share that I am very excited to start my college days from JECRC engineering colleges in jaipur. I am an ambitious girl and have so many dreams in my eyes. I wish all of us journey would flow with positive energy and joy.

    ReplyDelete